Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.3c
Posted 16-11-2014 13:19:56
Added "/mute [player]" and "/unmute [player]" commands to ignore chat messages from a certain player for the rest of the session.
Fixed some cases where players would fall through platforms.
Grenade launcher grenades no longer explode on contact with supply crates.
Fixed a bug where you could start sprinting when changing directions while running. Now only double-tapping the same direction key (or holding Shift) triggers sprinting.
Other fixes and adjustments.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.3b
Posted 14-11-2014 21:52:40
Optimized the network code for fire.
Added new command "/maprotation X" to enable random map rotation every X games and "/nextmap" to jump to the next map in the rotation.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.3
Posted 09-11-2014 13:46:20
Supply crates now have different symbols on them depending on their content.
Supply crates now break in one hit.
Supply crates are now shootable.
Supply crates are now flammable.
Supply crates now spawn without a parachute. The parachute is deployed after the crate falls a certain distance.
Fixed a bug where items from supply crates would not properly spawn in their "sheathed" models.
Changed the spawn sound for supply crates.
The Mall map has been completely redesigned and some new tiles have been added.
Adjusted the spawn rate of supply crates and made it scale better with the number of players.
Fixed a bug where grenades would crush other grenades, making them explode.
Pickupable items can now go through portals.
Fixed a bug where diving onto a player laying on the ground would sometimes cause you to take fall-damage instead.
Picking up a laser sight when you don't have a gun now saves the laser sight for the next gun you pick up.
Various other bug fixes and adjustments.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.2
Posted 31-10-2014 20:31:05
Feel free to voice your opinions on the new weapon spawn system on the forum.
Revamped weapon spawn system. Supply crates now fall from the sky.
Redesigned the HUD.
Items can no longer be picked up immediately after being dropped.
InvisibleBlockNoCollision and InvisibleLadder will no longer block fire.
Various bug fixes and adjustments.
Added SpawnWeaponArea tile. See the help entries SupplyCrate and SpawnWeaponArea for more details on how to set it up in your own maps.
Added SpawnFireCircleTrigger and SpawnFireNodeTrigger to be able to spawn fire through triggers in the MapEditor. Also added script API methods for spawning fire.
Weapons and items can now be dragged directly into the map editor.
Improved the response time in the map-editor tile list.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.1
Posted 14-10-2014 19:42:15
Surprise Weapon Pack!
New weapons: Grenade Launcher and Revolver.
Some minor tweaks and bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.0c
Posted 03-10-2014 21:12:02
Slightly increased the cooldowns of the magnum and pump-action shotgun.
Tweaked rolling. If you hold down Down and Left/Right, you will crouch until the roll is off cooldown, instead of running.
You can now crouch on top of ladders while holding Walk (Alt by default).
Players now have to be on fire slightly longer before catching "level 2" fire.
Other miscellaneous fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.0b
Posted 29-09-2014 20:54:59
Increased flamethrower reach slightly.
"Level 2 fire" can now be transferred from player to player.
Other small fire-related adjustments.
Fixed a bug where picking up weapons might equip the new weapon instantly. Now the draw animation plays correctly.
Fixes to the Trainyard map.
Ferris wheel carts are now indestructible.
Other small changes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.6.0
Posted 28-09-2014 14:59:22
The Inflammable Update
Added fire. Many objects, including players, can be set on fire and spread it to other objects. Put yourself out by rolling on the ground!
New weapons: Flamethrower, Molotov cocktails and Flaregun.
Added gasoline cans.
Explosive barrels now spawn fire.
New map: Trainyard.
Weapons and other items will now be crushed by elevators and other objects.
You can now adjust your manual aim more precisely by holding down the Walk button (Alt by default).
A bunch of new tiles, sounds and other bits of content.
Adjusted background colours.
Fixed a bug where rolling could be cancelled by crouching.
Fixed a bug where players would not get up after being knocked down.
Fixed some bugs in the map installer dialog.
Plus many more tweaks, fixes and tinkerings.
Added some new methods to the script API.
Fixed a bug where the Z order of tiles would get mixed up.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.5.0b
Posted 03-08-2014 19:26:30
Fixed some cases where players were gibbed incorrectly.
The game window can now be minimized.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.5.0
Posted 01-08-2014 14:07:00
The Gibbing update!
- Heavy objects can now crush other objects (and players)!
- Physics engine is more stable fun than ever and the weights of many objects have been adjusted.
- Two new maps: Alley and Steamship.
- Some new tiles.
- Fixed a bug where players got stuck after getting dived into stairs or walls.
- Added proper status messages to the "Connecting..." panel.
- Added proper status texts when setting up automatic port-forwarding.
- Added a notification in the lower right corner of the game about automatic port-forwarding status.
- The /kick command now works during loading screens.
- The game window can now be resized freely.
- The game browser should now show the correct map at all times.
- Various tweaks and bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.4.2b
Posted 17-06-2014 19:02:49
- Raised player fall damage threshold.
- Fixed a bug where equipped grenades were dropped after a medium-long fall (armed grenades will be dropped however).
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.4.2
Posted 16-06-2014 21:14:37
- New-ish map: Hotel.
- Added a "crouched" landing animation for medium-long falls. Longer falls will cause fall damage and knock you down like before.
- Effectively increased the cooldown of jump-attacks.
- Revamped the fall damage calculations. Fall damage is higher overall.
- Players can now bounce when hitting surfaces at the right speed and angle.
- Players moving at high speeds can now knock into each other, causing damage and knockdown.
- Jump attacks no longer slow down your fall.
- Background colors tweaked.
- Rain effect tweaked.
- Added some new tiles and sounds.
- Added tile "SubwayTrain00" to replace the current train on the Subway map. Having one big tile is more efficient many small ones and should improve performance a lot.
- Fixed a bug in the Script API related to IPlayer.SetTeam, IPlayer.SetProfile and IPlayer.SetUser.
- Various tweaks and bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.4.1
Posted 11-05-2014 14:44:30
NOTE! It's smart to backup your important game files before downloading this update!
- Changed folder structure for user data files. User data is now saved to Documents/Superfighters Deluxe. This includes config.ini, profile.sfdp, downloaded maps and custom maps. Starting the game after this update will create the folder and move your files automatically.
- Added screenshot support. Pressing PrintScreen will now save the screenshot to Documents/Superfighters Deluxe/Screenshots.
- Connect to IP now remembers the last IP entered.
- Optimized rendering, which should improve framerate significantly.
- Added cooldown to the jump attack (to prevent spamming in tight places).
- Slightly decreased damage done by explosive barrel wrecks.
- Slightly increased damage done by grenades.
- The kick will now affect dead teammates.
- Script API: Fixed a bug in the IPlayer.GiveWeaponItem() method.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.4.0b
Posted 04-05-2014 12:44:38
- Should fix the framerate issues introduced in 1.4.0.
- Minor map adjustments.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.4.0
Posted 03-05-2014 15:50:30
- Five new maps: Fairground, Subway, Rooftops II, Plant 47 and East Warehouse.
- Added a playable tutorial.
- Weapon changes:
- Shotguns - decreased spawn chance and ammo.
- Uzi - decreased damage.
- Pistol - increased spawn chance.
- Increased explosion damage.
- Objects with less than 25% health become darker.
- Added footstep sounds for different materials.
- Player names can no longer contain invalid characters (will be replaced with "?").
- The Even Teams will try to find a fair 2v2 or 2v2v2 setup when the server is not full.
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes fly off dynamic objects at great speed upon hitting or kicking them.
- Various bug fixes.
- Added scripting (for advanced map makers). To get started refer to the "Scripting" section in the map editor help dialog.
- Plenty of new tiles (mostly architectural).
- In addition to CameraBounds, added BorderBounds (where black borders appear).
- Various bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.3.1d
Posted 20-01-2014 19:44:38
- Changed the game update to use fixed timesteps instead of varying.
- If the game lags behind it will try to skip frames in order to catch-up instead of freezing.
- Removed the "CPU Smoothness" setting.
- Minor bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.3.1c
Posted 15-01-2014 20:42:13
- You can now leave the game while waiting for other players to load.
- Staggering will stop when you hit a wall.
- You can now ledge-grab after doing a jump kick.
- You can no longer ledge-grab while cooking a grenade.
- Added Vertical Sync option (VSYNC On/Off).
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.3.1b
Posted 06-01-2014 15:12:33
- Shotguns: increased spread, decreased damage.
- Pistol: decreased damage and crit chance.
- Carbine: increased damage and crit chance.
- When turned around during ledge-grab, other players also see the animation.
- You can now roll out of cover as intended.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.3.1
Posted 05-01-2014 12:43:51
- Improved loading. You can now see progress for all players and leave the game during loading by pressing Esc.
- Increased overall melee damage (to compensate for slower melee speed in the 1.3.0 update).
- Improved mid-air blocking against most melee attacks.
- Being hit by melee now correctly makes you dazed (unable to sprint) for a short duration.
- Increased player deacceleration.
- Melee stun times slightly longer.
- Ping is now visible in the lobby for all players.
- Various bug fixes.
- The mouse can now be used to move objects during test-runs.
- Template maps will by default be copied to maps\custom folder instead of maps\downloaded folder so they can be opened in the map-editor.
- Various bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.3.0b
Posted 27-12-2013 16:37:27
- Fixed missing GUI and flashing player during map-editor test runs.
- Fixed backwards dive bug.
- Fixed a bug causing the game to crash if mythologicinteractive.com was unavailable.
- Fixed static camera not always covering the whole map.
- Fixed items showing as magenta squares for drop-in players.
- Fixed incorrect fall-damage.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when closing the game while hosting.
- Players should be removed from the game after they have lost connection during loading.
- Tweaked the package size used during loadings. This may reduce the loading times.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.3.0
Posted 23-12-2013 15:11:19
Well here it is, barely in time for the holidays. Only the most cataclysmic changes will be listed here.
- Greatly improved player physics.
- Added moving platforms.
- Added hanging crates.
- Players will be able to join any server without the need to have the map installed. You will still need to have the map installed in order to host it.
- Revamped character design and animations (again!).
- Revamped maps and tiles. Maps are fewer (for now), but of higher quality.
- Customization items can be recolored.
- Added ledge grab. You can now grab certain ledges and objects to reach even higher.
- New weapon: Carbine.
- You can now walk slowly by holding LeftAlt.
- You no longer pick up weapons and items automatically. You must do this manually by pressing F (default).
- Added acceleration and deacceleration to player movement.
- The jump attack can now hit objects slightly above the player, e.g. to break windows.
- It now takes significantly longer to draw guns.
- Added a brief animation when entering manual aim.
- Falling damage is now applied to the object you land on. Certain objects break easier than others.
- You no longer drop your gun automatically when you run out of ammo.
- Fixed the now-famous "Septuple Jump Kick" bug.
- The names "Gurt" and "Hjarpe" are reserved to prevent impostors.
- Added some animated tiles such as water and acid.
- Most objects, including metal barrels and desks, can now be destroyed if they take enough damage.
- Countless bug fixes and improvements. Seriously.
Merry Christmas!If you're having trouble updating the game try to reinstall it.
- Added Box2D joints to the map editor. Joints can be used to create new exciting elements on a level.
- A new tile "SoundArea" added to be able to play an ambient sound in the given area.
- Layers control fully functional.
- Added multiple colouring on tiles.
- A new Help Dialog for the editor added to replace the old Help box.
- Added a new type of maps called Templates. These maps will not show up in the map list when hosting a game and are only available in the map editor. Good for testing stuff.
- Each FarBG layer can have its own distance and (black) horizon.
- Removed Sky properties. FarBackground tiles should be used instead.
- Removed the physics simulation function in the editor. Instead use the Test Map function.
- Added Start Commands for a map which lets you set up custom rules.
- Spawn rates for individual weapons can be changed.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.2.1
Posted 05-05-2013 18:16:53
- Added a new tile called "SpawnUnknown" which will spawn a random object when the map
- Reworked the existing (official) maps to utilize random object
- Map editor: Most tiles can now be resized, allowing you to create long
stretches of one tile type quickly and decreasing the need to copy and paste
- Removed the pistol and grenades from the default loadout so that players start
with no weapons by default.
- Slightly increased the spawn rate of the pistol and
- Slightly decreased the magnum's fire rate.
- Slightly decreased the
rocket riding speed.
- Changed how data is stored for the "Sky" and "Weather" properties.
These values will be reset on maps saved before this update. Sorry!
- Map editor: Fixed a
bug where the Far background distance was initiated to 1000 (but showed 0).
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.2.0
Posted 27-04-2013 17:56:56
This update requires you to download and run the new installer from mythologicinteractive.com. Don't forget to uninstall any previous installation first!
- Updated XNA Framework from version 3.1 to 4.0.
- Added a far background layer with a sky and tiles such as mountains and skyscrapers.
- Added rain.
- Made the snow effect look nicer.
- Characters no longer lose their horizontal velocity when shooting, reloading, throwing grenades or swapping weapons in mid-air.
- Disarming is now possible while an opponent is drawing a weapon (this includes melee weapons).
- Slightly increased punching damage.
- Adjusted stun times in melee to reward blocking.
- The jump attack and jump kick will now knock opponents down if performed while you are falling down.
- The ground kick will now knock enemies down if you are standing slightly above them.
- If the ground kick is used several times in a row, it will be put on a cooldown.
- Made it harder to dive people off ledges without falling down yourself.
- It is now possible to kick while cooking off a grenade.
- Added a distance meter when a player is outside the map area.
- Removed the white outlines around players.
- Made server commands available again. Added a few new ones:
- "/setstartitems [item 1] [item 2] [...]" to set the starting equipment of all players. Use the "/items" command to see a full list of items.
- "/settime [X]" to set the global game speed, ranging from 0,1 (one tenth of normal speed) to 2,0 (two times normal speed).
- Type "/help" for a full list of available commands.
- New clothing item: Domino mask.
- Map Editor: BgShadow00 can now be resized by changing its Width and Height properties.
- Fixed a bug allowing already-dead players to steer while rocket riding.
- Fixed a bug causing certain foreground tiles to block explosions.
- Fixed a bug causing players to be removed when rocket riding outside the camera bounds.
- Fixed a bug causing players to appear at the wrong angle while rocket riding.
- Various bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.7c
Posted 23-03-2013 15:31:44
- A player who is kicked from the game will disappear instantly instead of dying.
- A player who has been AFK from the start of the match will not drop his equipment when killed.
- Dropped equipment velocity upon death decreased.
- Dropped equipment will despawn after a while.
- Fixed a bug causing the "/players" command to not list all players properly.
- Fixed a bug causing the game to crash after a player has been removed from the game.
- Fixed a bug causing hidden layers in the map-editor to still be visible.
- Fixed a bug causing repeated key pressings to be ignored in the main menu.
- Trail effects on players no longer appear between portals upon teleportation.
- Increased the spawn rate of the bazooka and M60.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.7b
Posted 17-03-2013 19:44:09
- Dead players will drop all their equipment upon landing or being gibbed.
- Fixed a problem with two rocket-riding players colliding not removing both rockets.
- Fixed a crash when a diving player holding another player was gibbed or removed.
- Fixed a bug causing .NET 3.5 Framework SP1 to be required by Lidgren.Network.
- Gib-parts will no longer spawn underground.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.7
Posted 15-03-2013 19:22:26
- New weapon: Bazooka.
- New map: Sector 8.
- Players can now be gibbed by overkill.
- Added tile coloring options in map editor.
- Added a "Test Map" option in the map editor (shortcut F5) which allows you to instantly run the map.
- Added new impact sounds and effects for materials like wood and metal.
- Explosions will no longer damage items through solid tiles.
- Added cosmetic fire to explosions (does not cause damage).
- You can hide the GUI with the F9 key.
- Melee attacks no longer reach through walls.
- Projectiles traveling through platforms will only play one effect/sound upon entry.
- Guns will now hit enemies standing very close to you.
- Some new objects including metal tables and explosive propane tanks.
- Fixed a bug causing the manual-aim speed to be faster or slower than intended.
- Fixed a bug causing the undo history in the map-editor to be corrupt after saving.
- Fixed bugs related to the resolution picker (shortcut F11) and toggle fullscreen (shortcut F12) functions.
- Lots of other bug fixes and esthetic changes.
- Some optimizations.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.6b
Posted 02-02-2013 14:22:28
- You can now go into cover while drawing a weapon.
- Added short cooldowns for kicking and sheathing weapons after shooting.
- Fixed a bug related to rolling in combination with other actions.
- Fixed a bug where commands were ignored during loading (commands like /changemap and /shuffleteams will still be ignored during loading however).
- Whitespace characters will be trimmed from the beginning of chat messages.
- Map Editor: Fixed all known problems with the undo-history.
- Some networking optimizations.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.6
Posted 20-01-2013 13:05:20
- Added Energy. Sprinting requires Energy, which is represented by a white bar under your Life bar. Energy regenerates over time.
- Added reloading animations.
- New weapon: Sniper Rifle.
- New upgrade: Laser Sight.
- New map called Warehouse. Renamed the old Warehouse map to its original name: Storage.
- If a player takes more than 10 seconds to load a map, he will be dropped from the game.
- You can now roll immediately into cover.
- You can now release and press the movement key while running to start sprinting.
- Automatic slow-motion will only trigger when the last remaining player opponent dies or if there's an explosion affecting two or more players in its radius.
- Dying in a game when you're alone (only host) will now restart the game.
- Added white outlines around characters.
- Added some additional delays and cooldowns to balance the combat system.
- A player joining a game using an identical name as someone else will get a postfix appended to his name that will uniquely identify that player.
- Added some new commands for the host. You can now change map and team setup while in-game and ban players. Type "/help" in the chat for more information.
- Added association to custom map files (*.sfdm) to SFD. You can now install custom maps by simply double-clicking on them (requires SFD to be run once after the update).
- Added a "Show Downloaded Maps" button on the launcher that takes you to the maps\downloaded folder. Place downloaded custom maps here to be able to play them. Also added menu option "File->Show Folder" in the map editor that takes you to the maps folder.
- Various tweaks and bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.5
Posted 18-12-2012 20:58:29
A Somewhat Merry Christmas Update.
Happy Holidays! See ya next year with more updates.
- Added weather type: Snow.
- Decreased exploding barrel damage slightly.
- Added reload time for all weapons (animations to come).
- Lowered critical hit chance of the magnum (from 65% to 50%).
- Lowered fire rate of the magnum and the pump-action shotgun.
- Added cooldowns for rolling, diving and blocking.
- Lowered detonation time of grenades to exactly 3 seconds (from around 3.5).
- Thrown grenades are now shown in front of debris instead of behind.
- Added Christmas tree, presents, and Santa outfit.
- Minor tweaks and bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.4
Posted 08-12-2012 16:16:11
- Your fighter will flash white for the first few seconds of each round. Also, the iris wipe at the start of each round will be centered around your character.
- When disarmed while holding a grenade, the grenade will not fly away but fall straight down.
- You can now stay in cover while cooking off a grenade.
- Slightly reduced the stun time of all melee attacks.
- Slightly reduced maximum explosion damage and increased maximum explosion damage radius.
- Various small bugs fixed.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.3
Posted 02-12-2012 12:27:25
- New weapon: Grenades.
- New map: Police Station.
- A few new tile types.
- Added white outlines to weapon and health pickups.
- The third combo attack and jump attacks can now be blocked, but will stagger you.
- You cannot roll immediately after doing a melee attack.
- Slightly lowered damage for Machete, Axe and Katana.
- Kicking power on objects adjusted.
- Fixed a bug where you kept rolling after being kicked.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from falling when blocking.
- Fixed a bug which caused exploding barrel wrecks to be immediately destroyed by other explosions.
- Fixed a bug which showed the lobby when it shouldn't.
- Fixed a crash when trying to load sounds when no sound hardware or sound drivers were found. The game will start without sound instead.
- Sending crash reports now works even if the launcher doesn't know whether your game is up-to-date.
- Various small fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.2
Posted 03-11-2012 14:26:20
- Added ladders.
- Tile overhaul - added, changed and removed many tiles. NOTE: Any maps made before this update will be unplayable!
- New weapon: Assault Rifle.
- Two new maps: Hotel and Facility.Redesigned Rooftops and Storage, and renamed the latter Warehouse.
- Lowered overall game speed slightly.
- Players are now frozen the first second of each round.
- When a player leaves a game, his character will die.
- The Even Teams option now evens the teams after each round, and not just when a player joins.
- The camera now covers the entire map by default. Tab toggles to the unfinished "dynamic" camera mode.
- Changed folder structure for custom maps. NOTE: Downloaded maps should be placed in the "maps\downloaded" folder to show up in-game.
- Map editor: "Map Area" has been replaced with a "World Bottom" property. Objects that fall to the bottom of the map will be destroyed.
- Tweaked gun damage and fire rate.
- Fixed several bugs related to cover.
- Fixed a typo in the map editor.
- Other bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.1.1
Posted 06-10-2012 16:09:57
- Drop-in now works.
- Barrels now glow before exploding.
- Various bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe pre-alpha 1.1
Posted 22-09-2012 17:28:47
- Completely revamped character, object and weapon models and effects.
- Completely revamped menus and HUD.
- Map Editor has been added to the game.
- Two familiar maps added: Storage and Rooftop (many more to come, and you can of course make your own).
- New weapon: Axe.
- Characters move significantly slower.
- You can now perform the full 3x melee combo at any time.
- You will automatically kneel if something is blocking you from standing.
- Characters now rotate while diving.
- New improved chat - you can use the chat even while the game loads!
- Settings and key binding menus added to the game.
- Various optimizations and bug fixes.
Superfighters Deluxe pre-alpha 1.0.6b
Posted 13-07-2012 20:22:36
- A "Force Update" button has been added to the launcher, which can be used to solve certain updating errors.
- A bug should be fixed which caused only pistols to spawn.