Older Posts >>
Older Posts >>
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.2.1
Posted 05-05-2013 18:16:53
- Added a new tile called "SpawnUnknown" which will spawn a random object when the map
- Reworked the existing (official) maps to utilize random object
- Map editor: Most tiles can now be resized, allowing you to create long
stretches of one tile type quickly and decreasing the need to copy and paste
- Removed the pistol and grenades from the default loadout so that players start
with no weapons by default.
- Slightly increased the spawn rate of the pistol and
- Slightly decreased the magnum's fire rate.
- Slightly decreased the
rocket riding speed.
- Changed how data is stored for the "Sky" and "Weather" properties.
These values will be reset on maps saved before this update. Sorry!
- Map editor: Fixed a
bug where the Far background distance was initiated to 1000 (but showed 0).
Superfighters Deluxe Pre-alpha 1.2.0
Posted 27-04-2013 17:56:56
This update requires you to download and run the new installer from mythologicinteractive.com. Don't forget to uninstall any previous installation first!
- Updated XNA Framework from version 3.1 to 4.0.
- Added a far background layer with a sky and tiles such as mountains and skyscrapers.
- Added rain.
- Made the snow effect look nicer.
- Characters no longer lose their horizontal velocity when shooting, reloading, throwing grenades or swapping weapons in mid-air.
- Disarming is now possible while an opponent is drawing a weapon (this includes melee weapons).
- Slightly increased punching damage.
- Adjusted stun times in melee to reward blocking.
- The jump attack and jump kick will now knock opponents down if performed while you are falling down.
- The ground kick will now knock enemies down if you are standing slightly above them.
- If the ground kick is used several times in a row, it will be put on a cooldown.
- Made it harder to dive people off ledges without falling down yourself.
- It is now possible to kick while cooking off a grenade.
- Added a distance meter when a player is outside the map area.
- Removed the white outlines around players.
- Made server commands available again. Added a few new ones:
- "/setstartitems [item 1] [item 2] [...]" to set the starting equipment of all players. Use the "/items" command to see a full list of items.
- "/settime [X]" to set the global game speed, ranging from 0,1 (one tenth of normal speed) to 2,0 (two times normal speed).
- Type "/help" for a full list of available commands.
- New clothing item: Domino mask.
- Map Editor: BgShadow00 can now be resized by changing its Width and Height properties.
- Fixed a bug allowing already-dead players to steer while rocket riding.
- Fixed a bug causing certain foreground tiles to block explosions.
- Fixed a bug causing players to be removed when rocket riding outside the camera bounds.
- Fixed a bug causing players to appear at the wrong angle while rocket riding.
- Various bug fixes.
Posted 27-03-2013 19:20:49
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be taking a break from regular development on Superfighters Deluxe. We are looking at converting the project from XNA to MonoGame, a multi-platform implementation of the Microsoft XNA framework which will enable us to develop Mac and Linux versions of SFD in the future. Gurt will be looking into the nitty-gritty of the conversion while I focus on moving to a new town and hopefully catching up with some modern games on my new PC. Don't worry though, we'll be back to our usual development "schedule" (such as it is) before too long.